Friday, February 13, 2009

Thursday 2-12 class - Eugene Lee

I published a long post about last night's class
but this blog deleted it after posting (??? why)
So I'll give an abbreviated version. Don't feel
like remembering the whole thing.

I enjoyed Eugene's talk last night - in-depth,
interesting, and a good look at business

Terms like actitvity feeds, followerships,
tweet, aggregates, blending, etc. are new to
me in this context - I don't social network much
now and don't see myself doing it all that much,
though I will try it. Seems like a lot of time and
bandwidth in an already info-overload situation.

Yesterday the Pew Internet Project released a study
showing 11% of adult online users have used Twitter,
Facebook, etc. for "status updates". This phenomenon
has earned the sobriquet "oversharing". Twitter has
a median user age of 31, Myspace 27, Facebook 26.
11% of all online users have created a blog, possibly
slightly up since I created mine yesterday, of course!

Blogcat

1 comment:

  1. David, congratulations. You crossed a technology huddle, now you can reflect on what we read in the class by sharing your thoughts with others.

    ReplyDelete