Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Reflection for February 19 class - goals for learners

I enjoyed last week's class a lot. Just visited Academhack and joined in the discussion on tenure. Checked out pbwiki; I'll construct one. The short stories were effective and fun; I like the side by side revision feature a lot. I do think twitter is a phenomenon that may or may not be truly useful to learners, but the excellent group presentation allayed some of my doubts. Using it as a conferee at a conference among other conferees is a good idea, for example. I think the key for me in social networking as an effective learning tool is compaction, making it have impact (like Kim does, a style I really try to emulate). I can and do write long rants, commentaries, letters, e-mails and all manner of correspondence but continue to strive for saying more with less - there is a lot of information out there to wade through and I'm cautious about devoting too much time to opinions offered on a whim.

No comments:

Post a Comment